Non-woven Geotextile for use with Tufflon P80 polyurea
Geotuff 220 is an Australian made, non-woven, staple fibre geotextile, specifically manufactured for Liquimix. Optimum thickness, weight, strength and surface profile ensures the best outcome when used with Tufflon-P80 polyurea to form a tough, impenetrable, monolithic and permanently elastomeric lining that seals over impossible substrates such as dirt, sand, clay, road base and broken concrete etc.
Unlike standard Geofabric, Geotuff 220 has been sealed on both sides in order to minimise "fluffing" and reduce Tufflon P80 usage during installation. A pinhole-free lining will be achieved no matter which side of the Geotuff is facing up. The high bond strength of Tufflon P80 to Geotuff is guaranteed and unlike HDPE, the Geotuff / Tufflon P80 system won’t buckle during the heat of the day, thereby reducing trip hazards and improving aesthetics. Tufflon is made in many grades, but only P80, with its unique, fast early cure, negligible shrinkage and high chemical and solvent resistance, should be used with Geotuff 220.
APPLICATIONS FOR Geotuff 220
- For use with Tufflon-P80 polyurea applied to either side to form a tough, durable lining.
- Secondary containment (bunding) both chemical and petroleum storage facilities where difficult substrates are encountered
- Seals around protrusions such as pipes, support legs, stands, difficult angles and compound curves that HDPE won't conform to.
- Safe for use with fish and plants.
- Open drains and culverts, especially where complex shapes make it difficult to use HDPE
- Geotuff 220 can be pre-sprayed with Tufflon P80 either at the site or in a factory with the panels installed and joined using Tufflon P80 to form a seamless lining. This method is particularly useful for complex and difficult areas.
- Liquimix offers Application Guidelines and Specifications for many different Intended uses.
Geotuff 220 is available in various widths and lengths to suit each application. Typically can be supplied in 2m, 4m or 6m widths and in 50m, 100m, 250m lengths. Smaller widths and lengths are better for small, complex areas. Larger widths and lengths are better for large open areas.
Features of Geotuff GTS 500
Good thermal stability resists expansion and contraction. This feature prevents the lining from buckling in hot weather
Easy to pin and secure to any substrate using proven Liquimix design
Both sides heat sealed to reduce “fluffing” during installation and ensure high Tufflon P80 adhesion
Easily joined using Tufflon-P80 to form an invisible join and seamless, monolithic lining that won’t split or crack